I had my first taste of Army Navy @ Sky Garden, SM North EDSA. Out for a movie date, my friends and I were in a rush to grab something to eat. We stumbled upon Army Navy and ordered burger and soft tacos. The first experience was not memorable–meaning…I didn’t quite enjoy it.
I got a chance to try it again when I accidentally saw it on my way to Makati Medical Center. So here goes my review. Unfortunately, I don’t have a camera with me so I took some photos using my mobile phone instead.
- Fast food / Casual Dining
- Burger + Burrito
- Solaris Bldg. Dela Rosa Street, Makati City
- Ample parking lots nearby
- Website > http://www.liquidandliquid.com/clients/armynavy/
- It reminded me of Yellow Cab
- Industrial feel with cool signage and furniture
- Crowded during peak hours
- Burgers = PhP135-235
- Burritos = PhP135-155
- Soft Tacos = PhP125-145
- Quesadillas = PhP85-135
- Chicken = PhP135
- Extras/Sides = PhP15-60
- Drinks = PhP2799
- Double Burger @ PhP185 > nothing special about the beef patty; quite soggy. I still prefer Brother’s Burgers or even Burger Machine =)
- Steak Burrito @ PhP155 > nothing special as well; I don’t like beans in burritos; the meat isn’t tender
- Tortilla Chips @ PhP35 with salsa @ PhP20 and guacamole @ PhPxx > all bland =(
- Since they don’t have onion rings, we ordered Zucchini Sticks @ PhPxx > crispy & oily; the batter was too thick; you can’t almost taste the zucchini
- Chocolate Milkshake @ PhP99 > according to my friend, it’s not worth it. mediocre shake…
- They have a lot of crew with specific tasks but they seem to be in chaos; apparently, the kitchen is very visible from the counter
- The queue was so long
- Food takes a while to prepare…thus the complimentary peanuts (the likes of Sung-Song peanuts sold in Binondo) but nearly stale; even saw an irate customer complaining about the serving time (they must have forgotten his order)
- They don’t provide utensils so better ask for it
My verdict…nothing great, too expensive and poor service.
Just odd, why would they advertise photos of a burrito wrapped in a foil. Not so appealing… very deceiving.