CATEGORY: Fantasy, Action Adventure
For someone who hasn’t seen the original film in 1981 (like me), Warner Brothers’ Clash of the Titans remake would pass as an entertaining film. It actually refreshed my memory of greek mythology back in highschool and reminded me of my disinterest in this type of literature. I wish I have urged myself to read and learn more about it but it’s never too late…
This film might be worth seeing in 2D or 3D but I like to spare myself with the headache and up close view of violence and morbidity. 🙂
What I remember most in the film?
- I’ve been guessing all throughout the movie who Hades was as he reminded me of Lord Voldemort. Both were indeed portrayed by Ralph Fiennes and he’s getting the hang of playing evil characters.
- Annoyed with her flawless look (in every scene) despite her adventurous journey, Io seems to have an invisible personal assistant (PA) with her. Being immortal and ageless, Io would pass as part of the Cullen family with her glowy but not so sparkly skin. To be honest, I find Gemma Arterton (Io) prettier than Alexa Davalos (Andromeda) in this film.
- The Stygian Witches (sharing an eye) are really funny.
- Tagged by Perseus as ‘whatever the hell you are‘, Sheikh Suleiman (Djinn) actually reminded me of Megatron with blue LED eyes.
- The scorpion fight scene was way too long compared to that of the Kraken.
- Medusa (including her wriggly snake hair) looked frustratingly comic as she tries to turn Sheikh Suleiman into a stone. By the way, her CGI effect was not so convincing.
- What’s with the robo-owl? Some say it has some relevance in reference to the original film….hmmm…
In its entirety, this remake appeals to me as a comedy. It may be educational for some but I bet there are a lot of inconsistencies to it in comparison to the original film and the mythology itself. Now searching for the original film…=)