I’ve dined to this place a couple of times but my first visit was last February 18, 2009 and last visit was March 17, 2010.
- Fastfood / Diner / Eatery
- Open until 2am
- Benavidez Street, Binondo, Manila
- Drop by in the evening to avoid the traffic
- There are many nearby parking lots which cost around PhP40-50; some will require you to leave your car key
- Other nearby establishments are restaurants (President’s & Mr. Ube), bakeries (Eng Bee Tin & Baker’s Fair), and fruit/vegetable carts where you can buy broccoli, corn, tomatoes, watermelon, etc.
- Quite crowded during peak hours
- two floors with the kitchen at the 1st floor
- two small washrooms but not so clean
- I prefer to eat at the 2nd floor as it is much cooler and I don’t want the food smell sticking to my clothes and hair
- Don’t expect fancy furniture and utensils (soaked in hot water); again it is a fastfood/eatery
- Diners are mostly Filipino and Filipino-Chinese
- Definitely affordable!
- Price is proportional with the serving without compromising the taste and quality
- The first time I ate here with three other friends, our total bill was PhP1,260 (including the drinks!)
- A wide assortment of menu with a la carte and set meals
- Must-tries: hakaw, chong fan, coffee jelly, spare ribs, pork asado
- No stir-fried noodles 😦
- They offer complimentary hot tea
- Quick service
- Waiters are polite, prompt and attentive